This is a manual for Treequel, a Ruby library that is intended to make interacting with an LDAP directory natural and easy without trying to make it behave like a relational database. It’s built on top of Ruby-LDAP, so if you don’t already have that installed you’ll need to install it (
gem install ruby-ldap should work for modern versions of Ruby), and you’ll need to have access to an LDAP server, of course.
- Connecting to a Directory
- Binding to a Directory
- Working With Branches
- Searching With Branchsets
- Branch Collections
- Schema Introspection
- Real-World Examples
- Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
- Mahlon E. Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A special thanks to Ben Bleything, who was part of the initial brainstorm that led to the creation of this library.
Copyright © 2008-2011, Michael Granger and Mahlon E. Smith All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the authors nor contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The content of this manual, including images, video, and any example source code is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.